Prev: Re: Overwatch counters. . . Next: Re: Overwatch counters. . .

[FMA Skirmish] Re: Overwatch counters. . .

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:54:58 -0500
Subject: [FMA Skirmish] Re: Overwatch counters. . .

***
I'm tempted to make different color disks large enough to stand the
figure
and base ON, that way the clutter would be reduced. How about that for
an
option when you produce the game? I know you have one size die cutter,
but,
golly - isn't it time for another size die-cutter - may be1" to 1 1/2"
circles (I can't help that you guys whimped out on English measurements
- for
shame!). But it would look good and be an asset.
***

Scott, I tried this with stacking poker chips, four whites with one red
for
ease of counting, for 'altitude', but didn't work so well. However, if
you
can keep to three or four chits, poker chips would work well enough, I'd
think.

You could even put tic marks to indicate levels, if you wanted that
detailed.

However, the old standby of colored pipe cleaner rings are available,
too.

***
Why not just say that the base should be marked for its forward arc,
then you
don't have to have that counter at all. How difficulot is it to marke
the
figure base for "front" - not very!
***

Not very; have 'em painted on my old EE(tm) IG stuff. Still can be a bit
difficult to see. Better when I'd be watching for crossing someone
else's
field of fire, rather than when I used to try to position figs to keep
from
getting assaulted from behind. I'd think it'd be sufficient your way.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Overwatch counters. . . Next: Re: Overwatch counters. . .