Prev: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant Next: Goofy German Death Jeep

Re: FMA Skirmish test results

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:40:05 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish test results

>I had wondered about making Overwatching figures have to define a
target
>area or point (eg: put a "reticule" marker down on the table, and
anything
>that comes within (say) 6" of it is a valid overwatch target), but the
>downside of this is that no player is going to deliberately move near
one
>of these markers if he can avoid it - but on second thoughts, isn't
this
>kind of area-denial and channelling of movement exactly what we want
this
>rule to do anyway....?  Alternatives are a) writing down the overwatch
aim
>point (cumbersone, open to abuse and I don't like it) or b) giving
figures
>an overwatch ARC insted of an area or point, which starts to get us
into
>questions of figure facing, requires marks on figure bases etc.

How about including "arc of fire" counters on the FMA-Skirmish counter
sheet.	A counter with a 90 degree arc indicated on it.  When the player
declares that the figure is "going on overwatch" he places an overwatch
counter down showing the arc of fire that the model is covering.

To change the arc, he has to spend another action.

Adrian

Prev: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant Next: Goofy German Death Jeep