Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Re: FMA Skirmish test results [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:02:10 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish test results [CLEAN STAMP]

In message <77A9843EE93CD211BE1900A0C904B5A811D89B@exchange.esr.com>,
"Rick Rut
herford" writes:
> On 7/19/99 7:26 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> > ... A combat move action should be movement die (normally a D6 or D8
for
> > most troops) roll x 2.
>
> I ran a few test games of the FMA skirmish rules this weekend, and I
let
> the players use this system for combat moves (I lifted it from
StarGrunt),
> but none of them really wanted to -- the general consensus was that it
> seemed a little silly to randomize the movement distance for your
figures,

Oh, I like the combat move, but as a 2dX roll, rather than dX x 2.  On
average, you will move slightly more than a normal move; over all,
your movement is bell-shaped, so you will tend to move around your
normal rate mostly, but there's always the chance for the "fumble" or
the sprint...

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....