Prev: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Starmap

Re: DSII Force Configuration. hhmmm what I do

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:28:36 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: DSII Force Configuration. hhmmm what I do

> I'm trying to rebuild a Dirtside force from the ground up, and this
time I
> want to put some thought into it..  I'm interested in some input on
tank
> size classes.  Would I be better of using a mix of tank sizes from
size 2
> to 5 or is a force of all large tanks, like a Hammers Slammers force,
> better?  Does anyone have any opinions on this issue?
> That's a stupid question.  Everybody has opinions on that.

Well I started DSII straight from playing Epic.
And like the fool I was designed my units (numbers and type) the same as
I had in Epic.

Now though I find the most effective force is a very mixed one. Forget
just big guns go for a mix
of weapons and vehicle size.

My typical armoured unit is
2 size 2 light tanks but with class 3 MDC's
1 size 3 medium tank but also with a class 3 MDC (leaves room for
secondry weapon GMS/L or RFAC)
and to finish a Missile vehicle normally size 3 with atleast 3 GMS/H!!!!
(and possibly a secondry weapon)

Although some people on this list hate mixed units because of
logistics!!! and a dose of reality overload
:)
But within this unit are a maximum of 3 weapon types, 70% of which are
the same caliber and all the
vehicles are GEV.

Anyway i digress. the above unit allows me to face practically any
battlefield situation.
And my main opponent has adopted this mixed approach because his units
of 3 or 4 of the same
vehicle couldn't survive 3 MDC's and 3 Heavy missles.

I also use size 4 heavy tank but it is sill armed with class 3 MDC, but
it has 2 of them.
jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: FMA Skirmish test results Next: Starmap