Prev: Re: M-16 Replacement (yet another Popular Mechanics article) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:42:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

>The first one is to do with ranges of weapons; the draft version posted

I'd have to say that the range of the weapon is not dependent on the
skill
of the user.  If one of our shooters pulls the trigger or I do, the
bullet
(or plasma) is going to go just as far.  Now, I may not be able to HIT
anything, but that's a function of skill rather than the weapon itself.

So I'd say give each weapon its range bands.  That also allows for the
weapon which has a good "to-hit" as close range, but falls off quickly
at
longer range.  And if you have a range modifier--say a die shift
down--then
the Greens and Untraineds will have no chance of hitting at long range
anyway.

Prev: Re: M-16 Replacement (yet another Popular Mechanics article) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....