Prev: FMA: something missing Next: Re: Limpets

Limpets

From: "Nick Dingle" <Nick_Dingle@f...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:58:40 +0100
Subject: Limpets

>Hmmm...true.  Don't know how you'd make a limpit mine work in FT (as
with
>u-boats, no water to hide under).

Have to be something in a campaign perhaps, you know some kind of
special
thingy you could pull on an enemy to disable one of his ships . . .  I
agree, though, it wouldn't really work in a one-off game  (ie Turn 4:
limpet
mines engaged, enemy SDNs disabled, game over)

>Yeah - not much more than an over-gunned pre-dreadnaught, really. And
>armament was weak at that (8 12-inch guns?)  Actually I think Lord
Nelson
>and Agammemnon (last British pre-dreads) may have had similar, if not
>greater displacement.

Yep, Nelson & Aggy were about 1000 tons heavier . . . Have you checked
out
the discussion boards at www.warships1.com ?  They're well worth a look
if
you're in to ships, especially the battleship one . . .

TTFN,

Nick

Prev: FMA: something missing Next: Re: Limpets