Prev: Re: Calm in battle Next: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

Re: SHotguns!

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:46:03 EDT
Subject: Re: SHotguns!

In a message dated 7/15/99 10:04:49 AM EST, Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca
writes:

<< As an aside - for you Americans - people keep talking about loading
30
 rounds into M-16 mags. Up here our rifle team guys load 28 rounds to
 ensure better feeding. Is it the fact we Canucks re-use the disposable
 mags? >>

probably! But it is not unusual for military practice to underload
magazines
as a general rule. It avoid overstressing the feed spring at the bottom
of
the magazine. If that breaks, you're up the creek witout a canoe, until
you
change magazines

Prev: Re: Calm in battle Next: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns