Prev: Re: Stringbags and very OT Next: Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:32:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

Kenneth Winland wrote:

>	  I think I am a card-carrying member of that club.  I have
never
> been able to hit anything with a Remington or Ithaca myself.

	I shoot trap on a local league, and so far I've got three 25
straights
(the highest score you can get per round) this year.  I know people how
shoot competitively and can get a 100 straight without even thinking
about it.  However, it is not a easy skill to acquire.	I'm still
considered a novice.  Most of my scores range in the twenties; with the
exception of last weekend where a shot an abysmal 18.

	Shooting a small, moving target (either clay pigeons or game
birds)
with a shotgun isn't as easy as it may seem.  The projectiles are
traveling at a relatively slow speed (relative to a rifle bullet) and
therefore you must give the target a little bit of a lead.  The lead
depends greatly on the direction the bird is traveling and where you
stand in relation to it.

	If you REALLY want to humiliate yourself with a shotgun, try a
round of
skeet or sporting clays.  At certain times in those events, you don't
have just one bird to worry about, but two at once!

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	... [T]hey came to study and apply the sociological laws; they
came
with stars and badges and rules and regulations, bringing some of the
red
tape that had crawled across Earth like an alien weed, and letting it
grow
on Mars wherever it could take root.  They began to plan people's lives
and
libraries; they began to instruct and push about the very people who had

come to Mars to get away from being instructed and ruled and pushed
about.

	And It was inevitable that some of these people pushed back...

					--Ray Bradbury
					"The Martian Chronicles"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Stringbags and very OT Next: Re: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]