Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:27:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

	Greetings!

On Wed, 14 Jul 1999, Roger Books wrote:

> I believe (I'd have to go back and check out my grandfathers NRA mags)
> that smaller shot does not get you increased spread, just better
coverage
> in the area covered by the spread.  BTW 00 is for deer, not people.
The
> coverage on 00 is kind of splotchy because there are so few pellets.
Use
> 0 or even better, 1 for home defense. :)

	The police I worked with didn't use OO for hunting....deer, that
is. :)	But, yes, in theory, I think you are correct.

> Roger Books (Who hates shotguns, put a rifle in my hand and I nail my
>	       target, give me a shotgun and I can't hit the side of a
>	       barn.)

	I think I am a card-carrying member of that club.  I have never
been able to hit anything with a Remington or Ithaca myself.

	Ken

Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....