Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions (quick note to my previous post) Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions (quick note to my previous post)

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:56:51 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >At 06:32 PM 7/12/99 +0100, GZG wrote:
> >
> >>This echoes my thoughts on the subject; most of the time reloading
(at
> >>least changing mags in rifles etc.) should automatic, the kind of
thing
> >>trained troops can do on the fly, probably while doing other things
like
> >>moving. If a figure rolls badly (maybe a double 1 when firing), then
he's
> >>run out of ammo without realising it - wasn't checking his digital
ammo
> >>readout while shooting - and suddenly the gun goes "click" instead
of
> >>"bang" - now he has to take an action fumbling around for the new
mag that
> >>he SHOULD have had ready....
> >>
> >>Jon (GZG)
>
> Sorry to add a "me too," but I agree that simple is better. The best
thing
> about the system is that it's simple without being simplistic.
>
> Schoon

I can agree with this and it will only add one chit to the mix.  On a
'botch' attack roll, (either a double 1 or a 1 on the quality die), the
character has emptied a magazine and must use an action to reload the
weapon.  An 'Empty' or 'Reloading' chit can be placed next to the
character to indicate that he or she must use a Reload action before
resuming fire.

Therefore, a veteran trooper will be automatically reloading while in
combat as a second nature.  The green trooper may use too much firepower
and will have to pause to reload.

Jon