Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version question... Next: RE: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Conversion

Re: Affectiveness of FSE BDN?

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:27:27 +1000
Subject: Re: Affectiveness of FSE BDN?

G'day ALan,

>We normally play with cinematic movement.

Then the job just got a LOT harder (especially for those pesky fast
ships).

>This means that after the SMLs have gone, the opponent slows down and
>you get into a turning duel (with an opponent having 2-3 times your
>firepower...).

I'll freely admit here that if I haven't taken out enough big guys for
the
FSE to be able to duel it out with what's left then I leave ;)

>When using cinematic movement...

Like I said you'be got a tough job and it sounds like you're doing
pretty
well! In Showdown (the only game where I've ever played cinematic
movement)
there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth (and talk of SMs may be
being
too strong) when I managed to get my SMs on target, unfortunately that
only
really happened once. Now the SMs have run dry, and I stayed too close
long (and I can't just leave) and have payed the price big time [though
its
amusing to note there's been no discussion of beam weapons maybe hitting
too often ;)].

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version question... Next: RE: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Conversion