Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Complexity of FMA Skirmish

FMA SKirmish

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:42:42 -0400
Subject: FMA SKirmish

Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:25:40 +1000
From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@fl.net.au>
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Thomas Pope wrote:

> Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >
> > I meant single-shot as in a one-shot disposable, or something that
needs
> > reloading after 1 shot, eg: a single tube rocket launcher. An
action of
> > firing with most other weapons is assumed to be several rounds
fired anyway.

> That brings up another question.  In a game of this scale it might
be
> good to keep track of ammunition in some fashion.
>
> Perhaps the following could be used: Weapons are rated not in how
many
> rounds of ammunition but how many fire actions they have.  Just keep
> small stack (1-4) of chits with each soldier.  Once they're out,
they
> need to spend 1 action reloading (they are considered to have
infinite
> reloads however).

I'd say adapt the Necromunda game mechanic.  If you roll a botch, you
have to roll again to check if you've run out of ammo.

This fits in nicely with the system as more experienced troops will be
expected to have better fire discipline and possibly carry 'extra'
ammo
over the their basic load.

** Please lord NO! I understand the rationale (it is simple and fast).
But I'd much rather use chits or a bit of paper to track this stuff. I
hate the fact that in Necromunda my good troops never know if they're
about to run out of ammo, and they can't do much to prevent it. That
non-determinism (can't look in the mag to see we're low on rounds) is
VERY annoying.

** The comment on the GL taking one action to load and one to fire
would apply unless you were using something like an IMI-40 six shot
40mm GL. In which case only every six shots would you reload, and a
reload action would only reload say for example 2 grenades. It's a
nasty weapon (one guy in Predator had one of these - the fellow with
the glasses). It can fire (AFAIK) a mix of HEDP, HE, Cannister, HC,
WP, etc. A great squad support weapon.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Complexity of FMA Skirmish