Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:30:42 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

>>Along with "what happens when a grenade actually goes off?". We know
how
>>to throw them & bounce them (mostly) but not how to make them go BANG!
:)

Pull the pin out before you throw.

>The idea is that all explosive/area effect weapons have a dice type to
use
>for impact value at the actual point of impact, and a blast radius band
>over which the impact die drops one type. So, a warhead with a
>point-of-impact value of D10 and a radius band of 2 will roll a D10
attack
>at anything within 2" of the final impact point, then D8 at 2-4", D6 at
>4-6" and finally D4 at 6-8". EVERYTHING within the maximum radius (in
this
>example, 8") gets rolled for if in LOS of the impact point, rolling
>relevant warhead impact die vs. target armour.
>Yes, this is nasty, and the blast diameter of the bigger warheads is
quite
>large,

Too large, in fact.  May I suggest you put the initial blast radius at
whatever you wish, then have it fall off one die type per 1", so a
weapon
that is D10 at 2" will be d8 at 3", d6 at 4", and d4 at 5"?  This still
covers a 20 meter diameter circle.

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions