Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: ALIENS in FMA.

Re: ALIENS in FMA.

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:22:43 +1000
Subject: Re: ALIENS in FMA.

Hi Everyone!

>	I came up with the following ideas for the bugs:  Either a 12"
Move and
>d12 armor, or 10" move and d10 armor.	(I'm leaning for the latter.)
>Although bugs have experience levels for close combat and such, they
>don't make reaction test, nor can they be surpressed.	How does that
>sound.

Well, As I mentioned a week or two ago, my friends and I played an
Aliens/Predator/Marines game in SGII.  I said I would post the rules we
used for the Aliens and Predators on the list, but I haven't had time
yet
plus I don't have the actual Aliens rules (My friend hasn't given me a
copy
of them yet).  I'll get them posted ASAP and I apologise to anyone who
has
been waiting to see them.

As far as the armour and movement goes, we used D8 as the armour
(they're
tough, but not THAT tough) and D12 for movement (These bastiches are
FAST!).  Also, we gave them a ability to only ignore supression from
fire
eresults that only gave suppressions.  IF the aliens took a hit and/or
casualties, they'd get suppressed.  After all, they might be a bit
manic,
but they aren't stupid as the scene with the sentry guns in Aliens
showed.
Plus, so they didn't get pinned down easily, they remove ONE suppression
counter at the start of their first activation for free.  They are hard
suppress, but it can be done.

We incorporated acid blood into the CLose Assault rules, so I have no
suggestions for the FMA skirmish rules.

>	As soon as I find time, I'll post stats for the various weapons
found
>in the Tech Manual.  Until then, I need a nap.

-Kelvin....

	 "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: ALIENS in FMA.