Prev: FMA Skirmish MOS Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Re: New to list

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:16:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New to list

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Leon wrote:

> Hi
>
> I`m new to this list so I am going to give a little bit of history and
then
> ask some questions.

Welcome to the madhouse! :)

> I have been playing wargames for about 9 years now. I started on Games
> Workshop (evil people) but saw the light two years ago when I brought
Full
> Trust and loved it and then last week brought Dirtside 2 at Games
Fest.
> That's the history bit done with.

> 1 - Are there any good miniatures for Dirtside and Full Trust apart
from GZG
> and Games Workshop?

Lots - let's see - for DS2, we have Irregular Miniatures (cheap,
variable
quality, no web page); Scotia Micromodels (Simtac here in North America.
good but variable quality, Simtac has a webpage); and several smaller
manufacturers. Brigade Miniatures, several others. URLs, where I have
them, are all on my website -see my sig.

Ral Partha, too - nearly forgot them. Too many silly 'mechs, but some
nice
aerospace vehicles & tanks.

> 2 - Are there any rules for the two offical alien races in Dirtside?

Nope - want to write some for house rules?

> 3 - What is FMA?

I think it stands for Full Metal Anorak; this being some sort of strange
British gamer joke. It's the system used partially in DS2, more in SG2
and
loads in the beta-test FMA skirmish system. Basically, all those cool
dice (d4, d6, etc up to d12), with what die you use depending on quality
of unit, system, or circumstance.

right now, FMA is shorthand for the new skirmish level system that was
just released to the list grunts in 'very very beta test' form - and
even
incomplete, it's very cool!

> 4 - Does Ground Zero Games have a web page of there own?

Not really - there is an online catalog of their stuff, but not an
ordering point. Again, see my website's Links page or the Ds2 page.

Geohex (GZG's N. American licencee) have a webpage
(http://www.geohex.com)
that is also quite complete.

Hope all this helps, and welcome to the list!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: FMA Skirmish MOS Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions