Prev: Re: Mines (small rant) Next: Re: Mines

Re: Mines

From: "Phillip Pournelle" <emisle@e...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:04:53 -0700
Subject: Re: Mines

    [snipped mine stuff]

    I agree that straight FT2 mines are fairly weak when brought
straight over to FT2.5. They would appear to be useful as a prelayed
field only, and I suspect the minelayer system was included only for
specific scenarios (a minelayer interupted in its task).

    I kind of like the idea of beefing up a mines a bit, but before we
go hog wild with this we should look at what we want mines to really do.

    A 2d6 mine IS beefed up, but it also has the capacity to obliterate
anything up to a Frigate in one blow. Do we want this?

    Schoon
	Mines are a very effective weapon.  Historically they have
destroyed or mission killed larger portion of vessels than any other
weapon system...

Prev: Re: Mines (small rant) Next: Re: Mines