Prev: RE: [SG] Suggestion for Close Assaults Next: Re: [FT] Mecha Fighter Rules

Re: [FT] Mecha Fighter Rules

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:50:14 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Mecha Fighter Rules

G'day Eli,

>MMMm, mecha rules.  I've been hammering out some advanced rules to
reflect
>Gundam-style mecha.

I'd be glad to keen to have a look when your finished please.

>I'm curious if any minis were used and if so, any
>chance on seeing pics or at least descriptions?

Minis were used, they were the mecha fighters (can't remember the
official
name/code) that Nic at Eureka sells (I'm guessing GZG does too).
Basically
they look like mecha in standing mode and are about the same size or
slightly larger than standard GZG FT heavy fighters. I don't have any
pictures but their general stance is something like (excuse the ascii
art):
     ___
     |	  |		<- 'head'
----------------
|  |	     |	|
|  |	     |	|     <- 'arms'
---	|    ----
  |    / \     |
  |    |  |    |       <- 'legs'
  |    |  |    |
   ----   -----      <- 'feet'

There are also small 'hatches'/panels etc as detail on them.
Michael has the mounting pin stuck between the legs, so they're all
standing upright, but you could mount them at angles etc if you wanted.
They look pretty good (i.e. my description doesn't do them justice).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: [SG] Suggestion for Close Assaults Next: Re: [FT] Mecha Fighter Rules