Prev: Ordnance Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Carrier capacity

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:38:52 +0100 ()
Subject: Carrier capacity

> *gasp* A ship with 10-14 fighter squadrons?!?!
>
> jeremy,superships should be added VERY carefully, usually in one-off
games!

Should we be careful?

WWII carriers carried what? 60-90 fighters?

Think this goes back to what you like, Heavy armed and armoured carriers
with 3-4
fighter groups or Lightly armed and armoured carriers with 6+ fighter
groups.

It's quite a dilemma I'm quite fearful of bringing a carrier with only 4
fighter groups just
so as I can have 3 or so class 2 batteries. After the fighters are gone
you are left with
a ship the size of a battleship (or bigger) with the fire power of a
Destroyer.

My carriers are carriers. Lots of fighters and very little else.
jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Ordnance Next: Re: More Fighter questions