Prev: SLAM for SG2 Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: balancing Fighters

From: "Voivode Shrike (a.k.a. Ryan)" <voivode@v...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 18:11:12 -0400
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters

----- Original Message -----
> Nothing official, but I did do rules for countermissiles to use with
my HH
> rules.  Essentially, you purchased an SML/R with unlimited magazine.
Each
> missile gave you 1 PDS die to allocate to any missiles in range & arc.
How
> this would work against fighters is another matter, as I had to tweak
the
> missile rules so the defences weren't too powerful.

    I was wondering why you wouldn't just make a note that your PDSs
were
counter-missiles instead of beam weapons?  However I honestly don't know
enough about counter-missiles to say that it works well enough for your
tastes.  It just doesn't seem like the above idea was all that
different.
(Please explain if I am missing anything obvious :)

    However I am a big fan "new names for new weapons (that act just
like
other weapons in a game)" so that may be my bias.  However, some things,
like the afore-mentioned mecha fighters in another thread seemed to need
different rule, but that may be my anime background speaking.

Later,
Voivode Shrike (Ryan Fisk)
voivode@voyager.net
"It's not denial.  I'm just very
 selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin
(Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson)

Prev: SLAM for SG2 Next: Re: More Fighter questions