Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: More Fighter questions

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:38:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

On  7-Jul-99 at 14:28, John C (john1x@hotmail.com) wrote:

> ><<
> >  What is a Carrier now that all ships can carry fighters?
> >  Determining what constitutes a carrier is flexible. A suggested
> >determination is
> >  based on the Carrier designs in FT2 and in FB1.
> >
> >   >>

> >I would think that you could define a carrier as any size ship that
has
> >effectively replaced its option to include primary batteries for the
> >inclusion of a preponderance of fighter bays - would that not do?
>
> How 'bout this: Any ship which devotes more mass to fighter bays than
it
> does to it's other weapon systems is defined as a carrier.  I'm a fan
of
> simplicity, myself....

Since we didn't see it anywhere we were going to be very simple, you
can launch 1 fighter group per turn for every 3 fighter groups
carried.  (IE 1-3=1 launch/turn, 4-6 = 2 launches/turn, 7-9=3 etc etc).

I have always been a bit bothered by the "if it's a carrier" bit without
giving a decent definition of what a carrier is.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions