Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: FMA Skirmish question

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:02:39 EDT
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish question

A soldier is taught to eat dirt when under fire in the open and roll, or

belly crawl to cover. GDW's Twilight:2000 has good rules for initiative
and
actions, check those out if you can find a copy, otherwise have the
figure
drop and coverbehind whaever is with diving reach and stay, head down
until
the next turn.

In a message dated 7/7/99 11:45:59 AM EST, andy@cowell.org writes:

<<
 Does the figure freeze up?
 Does the figure drop to the ground?
 Does the figure head toward cover?

 What do real soldiers do when they are fired upon in the open?  I
 can't imagine them just standing there and taking it, but I just don't
 know.

 I thought about requiring a figure who receives a suppression result
 when in the open to make an additional Confidence test.  If the
 character fails the Confidence test, he must lose confidence and stay
 in the open (effectively just standing there); he can't take any
 further actions until the suppression is removed.  If the character
 passes the Confidence test, then he may (must?) make combat moves
 toward the nearest cover during his normal activation, despite the
 suppression.  He's considered to be suppressed normally once he
 reaches cover.

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions