Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:51:35 -0700
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

Jerry Han wrote:

> SM-AF is an anti-fighter loadout.  Range 24", detonation radius 6".
> Every fighter group within the detonation radius is attacked by d6
> missiles; each missile attacks like a fighter.  If the fighter group
> burns a CE to escape the detonation radius, the number of missiles
> per fighter group is halved, and each fighter group is treated as
having
> level 1 screens (level 2 for heavy fighters.)  No-rerolls. MASS: 2
XXX
     If I was going to burn an endurance to run away, I might as
well try to kill the attacking missiles, the cost is the same.	 JTL
XXX
> SM-B is a bombardment loadout; instead of carrying missiles, it
carries
> a large anti-matter bomb.  (This was tossed around in playtest, and a
> version of it exists in EFSB.)  Range 24", detonation radius 6".
Every
> object within the detonation radius takes a d6 worth of damage, -1 per
> inch of range outside of 3" radius.  Fighter craft lose that many
fighters;
> heavy fighters lose the number halved.  No re-rolls.	MASS: 2
XXX
     The rule is inconsistent, either 'every object' takes 1D6 of damage
or the damage should be divided between every object in the blast area.
JTL
XXX

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates