Prev: SLAM system For SG2 Next: Re: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

FT: space (ST designing), my fuel rules?

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:50:35 -0400
Subject: FT: space (ST designing), my fuel rules?

It is amazing how much cargo holds, science labs, passenger space,
and other "no cost" extra space really cost.  I redesigned my FED CA
to have 2 hangar bays (2 mass 1 shuttles), 1 mass devoted to cargo
space (gotta carry that whatchamacallit wheat), and 2 mass devoted
to science labs.  It came out to 84 mass, 272 points, with 2 pulse
torpedo tubes (photons), and 3 class-2 beams as its main weaponry.
Then I made it without those extraneous spaces and the mass came
down to 68 mass, 226 points.  So for 46 points I can have some
"free" space (the hangar bays do cost points, but why as much as
fighter bays?).  So much for "free" space.

I sent a copy of my campaign fuel rules based on Traveller.  But
I haven't seen it show up on the list nor any comments from anyone.
Was it not received or did I miss those messages?

Glen

Prev: SLAM system For SG2 Next: Re: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates