Prev: Tom: Re: [FT] Spaceship mini's Next: Re: [OT] Re: An introduction

Re: balancing Fighters

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@j...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 11:19:27 -0700
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters

I've been swamped by fighters once or twice when playing against an FSE
fleet,
but found that, as has been said before, a good combo of my own fighters
and my
ADFC systems can whittle them down to impotence pretty quickly.  The
best
(IMNSHO) defense against a fighter is really another fighter, although
(for those
of you who use the FB designs) certain fleets such as the NSL are
handicapped by
a relative lack of fighter support when compared to fleets such as the
FSE or
ESU.  For myself and my ESU fleet, I've found that a Konstantin backed
by a
couple of the Beijing-B ADFC variants will munch an FSE fighter strike
pretty
quickly, and the one I play against routinely throws 11 fighter
squadrons at me
all at once.

Mark

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> I've also never had too much dificulty in dealing with fighters in FT.
I've