Prev: [FT] Fragile Carriers (was Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates) Next: Re: [FT] Fragile Carriers (was Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates)

Re: [FT] Fragile Carriers (was Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 20:27:47 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fragile Carriers (was Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates)

>There's a guy here who plays an 'anime' fleet, all wave guns and mech
>fighters (more expensive than standard fighter and three of them count
as
>an offensive factor for boarding action purposes), so anti-fighter
tactics
>(especially having enough fighters to match him, the screen that Keith
>mentioned) have become essential - otherwise you get you butt VERY
>painfully kicked.

So take a wave gun or two yourself.  When his fighters come screaming
in,
fire.  Point out that each and every one of his fighters in the "Area of
Effect" takes at least one damage, and therefore dies.	You may need to
have
an expendable target ship for his fighters to gather around, but that's
okay--"you have to expect a few casualties, in any big operation."  You
may
also need earplugs if he's the type who whines...

>too? I'll have to check. Another thought, while I'm processing my
neurons'
>spasms out loud, has any one tried a game where they played out a long
>range (off board) carrier strike, where x pts of fighters flew on the
board
>vs x pts of ships?

If you do this, make sure you pay for the carriers even though they're
off
the map.