Prev: Re: Using FTFB interceptors Next: Weasel Systems

Re: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)

From: Tom McCarthy <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 12:17:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)

Upon hearing these descriptions of Piquet, I'd be tempted to say that
better
command and control in the modern/future environment allow a more
predictable
# of impetus points to be generated each turn.	Maybe modern engagements
should be 4D6 impetus, not 1D20 ?

As to these other systems, I'll just add the Rules With No Name
(Foundry,
freely available at www.icenter.net/~gisby).  A deck is made with a
joker,
some bonus cards, and a card for each unit in the game.  Each turn
shuffle and
begin flipping cards.  When a units card comes up, it activates.  When
the
joker comes up, reshuffle and begin a new turn.  I'm tempted to add a
second
joker and require both to come up before ending the turn.

Prev: Re: Using FTFB interceptors Next: Weasel Systems