Prev: Re: FT: weapons vs hull, tech Next: Re: Starbase assault

Re: Starbase assault?

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 02:37:47 EDT
Subject: Re: Starbase assault?

<< Well, I've never tried a starbase assault in any game system, but
I'll
 tell you, I have tried the warp point assault in the old Starfire
system.
  If you point has no limit on how many ships can come through at once,
 you have your basic open space combat.  Mines make it still somewhat
 dangerous, you'd want a 4 or 5 to 1 superiority to assure a win.  Now,
if
 you have limits on the warp points ability to pass ships, like Starfire
 did, its a whole new ball of wax.  We tried it once, the defense had a
 mixed fleet of heavies, with a couple of large bases to guard the
point,
 with a minefield around all.  The offense came in with a 10:1
 superiority, almost all very heavies, superdreadnoughts and such, as
well
 as assault carriers.  They still got whacked, badly.  Think Wolf 359.
 Wreckage everywhere.  And we still didnt take the point.  The limitied
 warp point is probably the deadliest assult of all time. >>

Untile<drum roll please> Warp Capable Missiles, sent say 200 at the same

time, loose about 60 to them comming out in the same spot and then
destroy
any valid targets.  Once that is done send in a little scout to take the

point:)
-STephen

Prev: Re: FT: weapons vs hull, tech Next: Re: Starbase assault