Prev: RE: Star Trek designing Next: RE: [OT]: Wing Commander Re: Sorry guys should have guessed

RE: Maybe OT, but since ST is brought up...

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:51:24 -0500
Subject: RE: Maybe OT, but since ST is brought up...

> I just applied the first coat of paint (after primer of course)
> to a Fed Constitution class CA, one that was sold for SFB ages ago.
> Now, WTB's and WTT's may be off topic, if so feel free to slam dunk
> me.

I don't have a problem with it and don't think it is specifically off
topic.
If the list gets crowded with FS posts and WTBs then there is a problem
but
occasional ones are fine I think.

> I have 2 of the BB's (three engines, one mounts to the saucer, other
> than that looks like a CA) of which I would be willing to trade
> one, and 3 CA's of which one could also be up for trade.  I'm looking
> for a CV and a couple of small ships.  I would prefer to buy them,
> but knowing how hard they are to come buy I could let go of a few of
> these toys I have been holding onto for about 10 years now.  I'm
> thinking about trying to run a ST vs The Empire (star wars) and
> convincing a few people around here to play FT.
>
> If anyone knows of a source for ST TOS miniatures that fit in scale
> with the ones I have I would be more than happy to jump that way
> also.

Now that Amarillo Design Bureau owns SFB and is again producing
products,
miniatures are pretty high on their list of items to come out soon.
They
will be using the Gamescience plastic Fed ships so should be widely
available again.  They plan to re-release most of the	2300 series at a
rate of 1 per month, if they can ever find the masters (TFG 'lost' them
or
more probably the last company that used them and never got paid kept
them).
If no masters they will probably re-master them from available minis.
New
minis will also be sculpted and cast with the first new ones being the
Fed
DW, Klingon C7, Kzinti DM, Gorn BDD, and Gorn BDX which they say will be
available at Origins this weekend!? or by mail order in mid July or in
stores in August.

More info on the re-release of SFB minis at:
http://x21.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=494590248&CONTEXT=930757310.1488715786&
hitn
um=0
and
http://www.starfleetgames.com/discus/messages/1118/1473.html?930582963

Also, decals are now available for the Gamescience Fed ships.  $6 per
sheet
with enough decals for 2 ships per sheet.  Sheets available for the DN,
CA,
SC/DD, and Tug:
http://members.aol.com/JMChladek/decal.html
I'm going to get some of these to get my Fed ships spiffed up for
GenCon.

Dean

Prev: RE: Star Trek designing Next: RE: [OT]: Wing Commander Re: Sorry guys should have guessed