Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Starbase assault

Re: Core Systems Thresholds

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:39:58 +1000
Subject: Re: Core Systems Thresholds

G'day,

>I can't conceive of playing without core systems failure rules.

We go one step further and can't conceive of playing without the 'strike
the colours' rule - the groans of agony/elation when an SDN throws in
the
towel after losing only a class 1 or something are magic! But probably
not
for the faint hearted ;)

>I know there are a lot of players that want to
>maximize the percentages but then wargaming would turn into simple
>chart lookup. <G>  I prefer skirting the edges of probabilty and
>embracing that fickle mistress, Lady Luck.

You may (or may not) be interested to know that there's been the joking
mention by a couple of gamers of trying to adapt Full Thrust to the
Piquet
system - I think the guy who first brought it up suggested it be called
Erratic Thrust....

Then you'd know ALL about the fickle mistress Lady Luck - and it
wouldn't
be left up to poor sods like Indy and I to carry the curse of the 1 for
you
all, not that we begrudge our heavy load.... ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Starbase assault