Prev: [SG2]Questions Next: RE: [SG2]Questions

Re: [SG2]Questions

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:02:03 +1200
Subject: Re: [SG2]Questions

Gareth Perkins <G.T.Perkins@exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
>   First off, how do you people deal with buildings and such? To scale
they should be about the size of 1/300th scale buildings (1" = 10m) but
that seems silly when the models are 25mm high...

	Just my opinion, as I mainly play DSII, but the buildings should
be
roughly the same scale as the figures. The building model then
represents
several buildings, not one building. Figures touching the building model
then receive a cover bonus.

>   One of the 'sample platoons' the ESU one if I recall includes a 20mm
cannon (RFAC) for use with power armour - is this treated as a crew
served
weapon?

	No, it's just a really big gun, with low rate of fire compared
to a
vehicle. I don't think the ESU has plasma guns, so they have 20mm cannon
instead.

>   Speaking of the RFAC, why is it such a poor anti-personnel weapon? -
all of the vehicle weapons use D8 for their 'damage' even the RFAC
(which
one would expect to be at least more effective) and the DFFG (which was
good as I recall in DS2)

	As the game is intended to be infantry versus infantry, vehicles
aren't
important, except as transport to/from table, or initial or final
pounding.
If you want to use several vehicles on both sides, use DSII.

>   What happened to the SLAM from DS2 - is it now treated as 'off-table
support'?

	DSII SLAM has 12"/24"/36" range or about 1200m/2400m/3600m, or
in 1" = 10m
ground scale, 120"/240"/360". So I guess that they are off-table
support,
unless you've got a really big table.

I'm not really expert in SGII, so some of the other list members may
have
contrary opinions.

Andrew Martin
DSII Fan
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!

Prev: [SG2]Questions Next: RE: [SG2]Questions