Prev: Re: 50 Fighter Groups Next: Re: 50 Fighter Groups

Re: PT boats

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 08:30:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: PT boats

Has anyone tried doing SFB style PF's?	I'm wondering how they
would fair against the big guys.

For those who haven't dealt with it, the concept is a tug carrying
a flotilla of non-FTL small ships, my concept of the PT boats would
be along the lines of:

Design Summary

 Hull Displacement
	      12
 Point Cost
	      39
 Unallocated Mass
	      0
 Ship Type
	      Military
 Hull Strength
	      Weak
 Hull Armor
	      2
 Streamlining
	      None
 Thrust
	      8
 Passive Sensors
 Active Sensors
	      Basic
 ECM
	      None

 Beam / 1 FP F FS AP A AS
 Submunitions Pack (2)

(Done with Armageddon Outfitter, I'm still waiting on my FB).

This would make the most sense in a campaign game because you
aren't risking your FTL drive.	For game purposes it drops at
distance.

Of course, this would also fit in with the LAC concept from HH.

So will this work in FT or am I wasting my time designing (and
building miniatures for) a fleet based around this concept?

Roger Books

Prev: Re: 50 Fighter Groups Next: Re: 50 Fighter Groups