Prev: RE: [SG2] Opinion Poll Next: Re: Core Systems Thresholds

Re: Flat top carriers

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 00:44:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Flat top carriers

I have always felt that the range of possible future technologies (those
that apply to fighters/operations)
allows a very wide range of carrier designs.  It's just a matter of how
the technologies are implemented.
(This follows my own philosophy of allowing players to imagine their
ships any way they wish, and then
designing my games to allow it.)

I've always felt partial to the gamilon/comet empire carriers from
Starblazers.

Donald Hosford

jeremy claridge wrote:

> > favored since I dislike the carrier versions of the FSE (why
> > wet navy style flight decks?).
>
> Just picked up on this comment, especially since I have just finished
painting 3 new carriers
> by brigade minatures all flat tops :)
> I like em and in my opinion no one has justified other means for
handling fighters on space vessels.
> All very well launching out of tubes but what about landing?
> In Battlestar Galactica the fighters launched out of tubes, but for
landing they used a big open deck,
> albeit a covered over one.
>
> Oh and as an aside anyone else notice in the film Starship Troopers
that the second fleet action had the