Prev: Re: Flat top carriers Next: Re: beam classes: repairing; official minis

Re: Flat top carriers

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 15:15:24 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: Flat top carriers

> > Just picked up on this comment, especially since I have just
finished painting 3 new carriers
> > by brigade minatures all flat tops :)
> > I like em
>
> Good ... (sorry they took so long !)

Ha ha didn't know you were on this list :)
In that case only one little suggestion....
Can you put measurements by some of the ships.
Thought I was getting a Normal Carrier and 2 escort carriers. instead I
now have a Fleet carrier and 2
Normal carriers!
Just as well I ordered lots of fighters :)

> In truth, I don't believe space fighters will exist at all in the near
future,

I disagree. As I have said before like any war it will come down to
cost. If a space fighter armed with
some heavy weaponry is one 10th the cost of a medium classed ship then
they will exist.

> they certainly won't be launched from flat top carriers (more likely
from launch bays open to space a
> la Babylon 5)

Maybe not launched but for landing I believe it to be quite a valid
option.
And I have never seen the fighters in B5 land back in the station?
Anyone got an episode where they show the fighters getting back into the
launch bays?

jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: Flat top carriers Next: Re: beam classes: repairing; official minis