Prev: Re: Flat top carriers Next: Re: official minis Re: Flat top carriers

Re: Flat top carriers

From: Michael Sarno <atomicat@g...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:45:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Flat top carriers

Tony Francis wrote:

> I don't know about anyone else, but there's a discrepancy here (and in
other places in FT) about what I
> believe a future space war fought in vacuum will be like and what I
would prefer it to be like - but I'm
> prepared to live with this. In truth, I don't believe space fighters
will exist at all in the near future,
> but I like my games to feature them because they're fun. If they were
to exist, they certainly won't be
> launched from flat top carriers (more likely from launch bays open to
space a la Babylon 5), but I prefer
> the look of an open flight deck and prefer to depict them that way.

    I always assumed that the fighters on the GZG ships WERE launched
from tubes or bays.  Some sort of aperture
can be seen on all the GZG minis that I've seen.  I also assumed that,
where present, the flight decks served as
some sort of artificial gravity generator that helped the fighters to
land and may even aid them to acheive
combat speed upon launch.  Besides, like you, I think they look great.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://www.geocities.com/~atomicat
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: Flat top carriers Next: Re: official minis Re: Flat top carriers