Prev: Re: [DSII] Infantry basing question Next: FT: beam class sizes - smaller is better?

Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:29:44 +0100
Subject: Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons

Revell do a great range of a dozen or more 1/1200th scale WWII
battleships
and carriers. They're about 6" to 8" long, waterline models with
separate
gun turrets (and so are very useful for scratchbuilding). Best of all,
they
sell for only £2.99 in the UK. Look out for them in blue boxes, about
8" by
4" by 1". IIRC the range includes the Yamato and Musashi, Tirpitz,
Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, Prince of Wales and Duke of York, Missouri
and
an Italian BB whose name I can't remember. For carriers they do the
Yorktown and Shinano (which is the best scratchbuilder's model for
turrets).

Tony