Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:00:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/15/99 2:41:01 AM EST, sage@millcomm.com writes:

<snippage!>

> Lead is after all a poison - so how much is too much. I tend to think
that
> lead is a lot more tolerable than the medics think. If you've been in
the
> hobby for 40 years as I have (almost - this July) and have unpainted
figures
> totaling more than 1 figure per day in the hobby or a weight of
figures
and
> vehicles totaling more than 2 X your body mass you are probably a lead
> abuser. My suggestion is get the stuf painted - if its painted no one
can say
> its not used. Besides it is more fun to play with the lead than sit on
it
> (especially ECW pikemen with piano wire pikes OUCH!

I think a good mark to shoot for is having at least 1/3 of your
collection
painted.  It doesn't matter that you haven't used some of it for a
decade--you _could_ use it. ;)	Maybe you could let yourself get down to
1/4 if most the rest is cleaned and primed.  Even better if it can be
used
(based, but not painted).

Personally I'm trying to get at least one genre and scale finished so
you
could completely use it.  This is a change from my previous viewpoint,
and
as such I have only a bit of each of the genres I'm interested in.
Really
frustrating.  At least I have two Full Thrust fleets painted (with 4
other
fleets and additions to the first two waiting).

Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near that goal.  At least I'm not adding much
in new items to it--but lately ALOT of used stuff has entered my
collection.  Sadly, I'm working on my 2nd multiple of of weight (and I'm
decently-sized guy!)

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff