Prev: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT! Next: Re: An introduction (laserlight)

[FT] fighter models

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:47:55 -0400
Subject: [FT] fighter models

>>I've been using Beth's suggestion: Use an plastic flight base, drill
holes
>>in the shaft, and mount fighters on paperclip wire set into those
holes.
It
>>looks really, really good, especially with my Sa'Vasku.  The dice are
>>currently following them around the table, but I can live with that.

Allan Goodall replied:
>This must be a case of "great minds" thinking alike. I just did up a
bunch
of
>fighters for Mark S.'s B5 game at GenCon. I used based from ICE's
flight
>stands, drilled three holes in them, mounted brass rods in the holes,
and
>glued the fighters on the ends of the brass rods. They turned out quite
nice.
>The rods are a little long, but that means the fighters will be on
about
the
>same plane as a B5 ship, so they should do fine.

Get map pins (pins with spherical heads) or "ball point pins" (same
thing
only longer) from a craft shop, fabric shop, or similar.  Paint the
shaft
matte black, and the head whatever color your fighters should be.
Insert
into a 1"x1" square piece of black cork or similar pin-able object.
They'll
look reasonably close to scale with the ships, they're cheap, they're
easy.

Prev: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT! Next: Re: An introduction (laserlight)