Prev: [LST] Me too posts & Irrelevancy Next: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT!

Battlefleet GZG

From: John Kovalic <john@k...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:32:21 -0500
Subject: Battlefleet GZG

Well, sorry for causing that huge string of posts, although much of it
was
hilarious, and some of it frascinating. (Dunno how much I like suddenly
like being part of a "dinosaur gamer" thread, though. Grin)

Yeah, I think Games Workshop's evil. But I'm an addict. For their
models,
at least. The last game of theirs that I actually played regularly as
(and
still is) Man O War. And a touch of Blood Bowl, as well.

But I *love* their models, overpriced though they are. The new
Battlefleet
Gothic stuff looks fun, and the destroyers are about the size of GZG
cruisers, so they can be used alongside the many, many GZG figs I've
got.

I tend not to use fighters in my games, because I've yet to find a way
represent them on the table that looks aeshetically pleasing. Some folks
in
our group (visit any time you'd like, Mark! I'm running Ogre in a week
or
two, followed by FT) just use counters for fighters, which is cheap. But
I'm still looking for the "perfet solution." We'll see.

I hear ships in BG have swarms of fighters. Haven't bought the game. The
minis are just cool...

My name is John, and I'm a Lead Addict... :-)

	 DORK TOWER #4 (with the FREE CHEAPASS GAME) is OUT NOW!

       "This must be Thursday. I never COULD get the hang of Thursdays"
					      - Arthur Dent
	      "Dork Tower," "Shop Keep," "Wild Life," "Murphy's Rules":
       at 'TOON CENTRAL: http://kovalic.com  - e-mail: john@kovalic.com

Prev: [LST] Me too posts & Irrelevancy Next: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT!