Prev: Re: [OT] Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: John C <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 13:42:28 GMT
Subject: Re: An introduction

>>-- and I will soon be marrying a woman who actually enjoys RPGs and
>painting
>>miniatures.  She's not a wargamer, other than the occasional game of
>Destroy
>>All Monsters!, but she's willing to put up with it.  In fact, she once
>>remarked that we need to get a house with a nice big basement, so that
(in
>>her words) "you can have a good sized gaming table."	This was without
>>prompting, you understand!
>>
>>John Crimmins 	  john1x@hotmail.com	   johncrim@voicenet.com
>

>You realize, John, you're taking your life into your hands by
publishing
>this?	You may very well find yourself looking down from Valhalla--in
the
>near future--to find one of your list "buddies" consoling your
>not-quite-widow.  Move, change your name, get married, and pretend to
be a
>newby when you come back to the list.	oh--and congratulations!

Thank you!  And what can I say?  Other than: It took long enough to find
her
in the first place, dammit!  It's been fortunate that our tastes
dovetail so
well.  She's always been a big fantasy fan -- she can actually write in
Tolkien's Tengwar runes, without having to use a reference book -- so
RPGing
comes naturally to her.  Wargaming, as I've said, isn't to her taste but
she
was really impressed by the gaming table I first showed her.  Jenknitown

Hobbies had some really great, award-winning terrain.  Sadly, I can't
match
it myself at this point.  But I'm working on it!  One Armorcast ruin
down,
10 to go....

John Crimmins		john1x@hotmail.com	 johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction