Prev: RE: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: John C <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 22:56:26 GMT
Subject: Re: An introduction

Right.

I had to get up every morning half an hour before I went to bed, eat a
handful of hot gravel, work for 36 hours a day down at the mill, and
when I
got home my parents would kill me and dance about on my grave singing
"Alleluia".

So there.

I was born in 1970, making me...medium old, I suppose.	I started out
with
D&D, as so many did, buying my first box of miniatures (Grenadier D&D
"Fighters") at the Philadelphia Origins con in 1983 or thereabouts.  My
first minis game was a dead simple homebrew that a friend and I played,
based loosely on the D&D mechanics.  After, that I played a more generic

fantasy minis game in 1987 or so, and things progressed from there.  My
first army (meaning that I owned and painted them all) was a Ral Partha
Combine force for Ogre.  At the moment, I have five FT fleets of various

sizes, 8 DSII forces, two 25mm forces, and more 28mm than I care to
count.
I've been doing less GZG and more ShockForce these days, but I still
have
plans for a grand urban DSII game.

In the real world, I'm a librarian -- children's librarian, to be
specific
-- and I will soon be marrying a woman who actually enjoys RPGs and
painting
miniatures.  She's not a wargamer, other than the occasional game of
Destroy
All Monsters!, but she's willing to put up with it.  In fact, she once
remarked that we need to get a house with a nice big basement, so that
(in
her words) "you can have a good sized gaming table."  This was without
prompting, you understand!

I'm a very lucky man.

John Crimmins		john1x@hotmail.com	 johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
     Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: RE: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction