Prev: Highlander figs (was Re: An introduction) Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:02:53 -0400
Subject: Re: An introduction

Well, back in my day, we just had dirt.  Nothing else.	Just dirt.
Roleplaying was conducted by sitting around in a circle, and scratching
in
the dirt with your finger.  Adding rocks and twigs and bits of mammoth
bone
were significant innovations.

Actually, I'm only 30 so I'm just barely into the "older person"
category
on the list - I didn't realize that there were so many old guys  <G>

<duck>

>there are some of us who are barely embryonic, too. it's sort of a
meeting
>of two worlds out here ...

>heh, maybe us youngsters should do the same. "i learned to read six
weeks
>ago and started off playing Gorkamorka ...".
>
>i'm only just 19 (but i have learned to walk, and i can just about
write
>my own name :)

I think it would be safe to divide the list membership up into "PRSW"
and
"POSW", and "PASW".

That would be "Pre-Star Wars",	"Post-Star Wars", and "Parent at Star
Wars".

If, like young Tom here, you were born after the release of Star Wars,
you
may indeed be able to write your own name.  Maybe.  You probably don't
have
any recollections of the boom in the Role Playing world at the end of
the
70's and beginning of the 1980's.  You won't remember GW as just another
gaming company, and probably won't remember the original releases of all
the great Steve Jackson small plastic boxed games like CarWars, Ogre,
GEV,
and supplements like TruckStop...

OK, so this thread is desperately off topic, but what the heck.  It's
generated more traffic on the list today than we've seen in a while, and
it's nice to take a break from being "official" for a while :)

Adrian

Adrian Johnson
ajohnson@idirect.com

Just drink beer.  It will all go away if you drink beer.

Prev: Highlander figs (was Re: An introduction) Next: Re: An introduction