Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 20:32:41 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: An introduction

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, -MWS- wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, John Kovalic wrote:
>
> > I've been a gamer for about 20 year now (gaaah!). I'm 36, which
bemuses me.
> > A year ago, someone referred to me as a "veteran of the gaming
industry,"
> > which scares the hell out of me.
>
> Hiya John!  Don't worry, there are quite a few of us in the "over 40"
club on
> this ML.  No need to be scared . . .

there are some of us who are barely embryonic, too. it's sort of a
meeting
of two worlds out here ...

btw, i am laughing my sitting organ off at this thread, so i've archived
some of it:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/gzg/dinosaurs.html

i'll add more if it continues.

> Since everyone is doing a gaming bio in response to your "hello" post,
I might
> as well toss my info into the void.

heh, maybe us youngsters should do the same. "i learned to read six
weeks
ago and started off playing Gorkamorka ...".

i'm only just 19 (but i have learned to walk, and i can just about write
my own name :), but i bought Full Thrust first edition, when it came out
as the little orange rulebook plus the starter pack of nac and esu minis
along with the little cream-coloured scenario sheet (which clearly
indicates that japan was highly integrated into the NAC, and as such is
now considered heretical :), which must have been 1992 or something. i
played it once or twice, then took up GW's Space Marine (first edition -
special actions for elite troops! off-table fire support! a genetic
engineering lab in the scenery kit!) until i was cured by rediscovering
my
long-lost FT stuff. i never looked back.

tom

Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction