Prev: Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors Next: [FT]: Anyone have any FT miniatures for sale or trade?

Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@k...>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 19:40:03 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

I'm probably opening up a can of worms here, but it just so happens that
was writing an article for SJ Games Pyramid magazine on using GURPS with
Full Thrust.  I'll make a deal -- I'll provide the information to the
list
if someone will actually play test and see how I'm doing.

BTW, I managed pretty well with just the GURPS basic set and GURPS
Space.
The other GURPS books that people have mentioned might make the task
easier
or provide some extra detail, but they aren't really necessary.

I bought GURPS Traveller thinking it would help, but I was pretty
disappointed with it.

The important thing to remember, and which others have mentioned, is to
make GURPS be the complexity level that you and your players like, which
for me was pretty low.

Nick
clcaldwell@kreative.net