Prev: Re: [OT?]Starmap foolishness... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games...

Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

From: BStrayCat@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 10:53:19 EDT
Subject: Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

In a message dated 6/4/99 10:15:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
schoon@aimnet.com writes:

<<
	</bold>In passive mode, the class of the electronics suite gives
the
 additional number of range bands for each level of information, but
 only for information levels equal to or less than their class.

Hiya Schoon and gang!

I have a couple questions for ya Schoon about the sensor suites.  I am
trying
to build a table for easy reference, and (with your permission) I'd like
post your electronics rules to a Full Thrust page that I plan to put up
soon.
 The table would look similar to the one below.  First, I'd like to know
if I
extrapolated the Class 4 Suite's passive properties correctly.	And
secondly,
I was not sure how to determine the ranges for the active modes.

Thanks muchly!

Bill Shatswell

Range Band:	!	24"		48"		72"
96"
	120"	144"	168"	192"
============!================================================
Sensor Suite	!						Level of

Information
------
Class 0 Passive !	3		2		1
0
	0		0		0		0
Class 1 Passive !	3		2		1
1
	0		0		0		0
Class 2 Passive !	3		2		2
2
	1		0		0		0
Class 3 Passive !	3		3		3
3
	2		1		0		0
Class 4 Passive !	3		3		3
3
	3		2		1		0
============!================================================
Class 0 Active	 !	3		3		2
1
	0		0		0		0
Class 1 Active	!	3		?		?
?
	?		?		?		?
Class 2 Active	!	3		?		?
?
Class 3 Active	!	3		?		?
?
Class 4 Active	!	3		?		?
?

Prev: Re: [OT?]Starmap foolishness... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games...