Prev: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99)) Next: RE: [?] Beam Reroll & Screens

Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:18:27 -0700
Subject: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

At 10:38 AM -0700 6/4/99, Fabet@aol.com wrote:
> >	Marc Miller's Traveller
>
> Also a good system, but more restrictive, and currently suffers from a
> (possibly) terminal lack of support.>
>
>Definitely terminal. Imperium games went out business almost a year
ago.

>Faron

For those interested in Traveller source material and specialized
rules, Imperium Games is having a 2-for-1 sale on their remaining
stock; not much is left. I recommend the combination of Pocket Empires
and Imperial Squadrons for a strategic game. That'll give you
essentially the movement and combat system 5th Frontier War with a
campaign and economic system that can cover a wide range of complexity
and detail. I'm currently interested in a near stars campaign
(Starforce Alpha Centauri has a nice hexmap for this using this system.
This would, of course, be a good system for computer moderated email
play. I currently have 3 tables (Fleet, Squadron, and Admiral) and 19
rows defined (counting the 3 primary keys) and am working on the
"business" logic. This is all in FileMaker Pro, of course.

Any bright ideas as to additional data representation, or algorithm
suggestions are welcome

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99)) Next: RE: [?] Beam Reroll & Screens