Prev: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99) - rather long post.... Next: Re: FT: all this Stealth

Re: FT: all this Stealth

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 17:41:45 -0700
Subject: Re: FT: all this Stealth

Glen Bailey wrote:

> So far I haven't seen anything written I would use
> for sensor rules.
 ...Snip...JTL

...Snip...JTL
but that is what they should be:
> exceptions or ships designed for stealth.
>
> Glen

Glen,
     To resurrect the Campaign 98 sensor rules once again:

Sensors      Range
Normal	      60
Enhanced     120
Superior     240
X-Sensors    480

Comments:
1) Ships do not give away 'ship class' information when using
   sensors.
2) A lower grade sensor cannot detect a higher grade sensor.

Stealth/ECM
      Stealth is a function of the materials and design of
the ship.   Stealth in the game, functions to reduce the
effective range of the seeking ship by 50%. (or by one
sensor grade if that sounds better.)   In the campaign,
only an alien enemy of the Kra'vak was able to use
stealth construction/materials.
      ECM is an active system that uses electronics to
confuse/mislead the enemy with false information from his
oun sensors.  (A kind of 'wild weasel' in space.)
The effect in the game is to reduce the effective range of
the enemy sensors by 50%.
     A ship equipped with the ECM option, can see thru
the jamming it created (single ship or area).	Ships in the
area effect jamming cannot see thru the friendly jamming.

     The object of the rule changes was to allow the
current systems to really do something without making
massive changes to the rules or complexity.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99) - rather long post.... Next: Re: FT: all this Stealth