Prev: Re: Finding DS II Next: RE: Attention JT and KR...

FT: all this Stealth

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 07:13:57 -0400
Subject: FT: all this Stealth

So far I haven't seen anything written I would use
for sensor rules.  I think the ranges are too short
and I haven't seen any variable stealth factors or
benefits.  Stealth benefits should be massive (to
cut down on the number of weapons and large drives)
and costly in points.  This way a very stealthy
ship ("cloaked"; btw, I hate the FT cloak rules) may
get to a very close range but its firepower will be
limited.

I'm basing my opinion on TV shows and movies (yeah,
I know, "very realistic"); sensors detect ships long
before ships are in weapons' range.  There are exceptions
(for plot reasons <g>), but that is what they should be:
exceptions or ships designed for stealth.

Glen

Prev: Re: Finding DS II Next: RE: Attention JT and KR...