Prev: Re: Attention JT and KR... Next: Re: Attention JT and KR...

Re: Attention 6mm Hammer's Slammers

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 19:24:17 -0700
Subject: Re: Attention 6mm Hammer's Slammers

At 6:50 PM -0700 5/31/99, Laserlight wrote:
>>6mm is Good. We want 6mm Slammers.
>

>You mean there IS a scale other than 6mm???

microarmor rules, sci-fi microarmor rules ok.

I've seen some shots of 10mm Vietnam figs (old Wargames Illustrated,
ask me again after I get the scanner) that make me like that scale for
Hammer's Slammers. I suppose I'll just have to do up a lot of
interesting terrain to make up for it.

I've always said I like a lot of terrain in my games, I regret to find
that I don't have a copy of my last long post on terrain in games.
Suffice to say, I'm always in favor of more terrain in games.

ObOTanecdote. The one time I played AH's Tobruk was the most
frightening battlefield I've ever seen. There exists no terrain
whatseover; ASL had it right in their desert maps. I lined up my tanks
two hexes apart, with the rightmost an extra hex over and one hex
forward. My opponent exclaimed "He refuses his right !" And we proceded
to roll dice for three hours. Most of the space games I've played have
more terrain, and a lot more maneuver than that. At

At the opposite extreme, the Warhammer 40k game I played with my paint
collection for obstacles and cut up lightbulb boxes for walls was one
of the more interesting games. We set it up so that no line of sight
was longer than 6-8". It was very messy. Very very very... :-) And fun
too.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: Attention JT and KR... Next: Re: Attention JT and KR...