Prev: [ADMIN] offline in Cupertino? Next: Re: [ADMIN] I'll be offline for a couple of days

Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff

From: Tom McCarthy <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:30:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff

Wll, it might sound silly, but to get an incredibly overgunned ship of
MASS 40,
say, try this.

60 pts MASS 60
24 pts Weak hull (12 boxes, 12 MASS)
36 pts Thrust 6 (18 MASS)
12 pts FTL (6 MASS)
 6 pts	2 Fire controls (2 MASS)
18 pts 2 6-arc Class-2s (6 MASS)
 9 pts 3 PDS (3 MASS)
 6 pts 2 6-arc Class-1s (2 MASS)
 9 pts Screen (3 MASS)
24 pts 1 5-arc Class-3 (8 MASS)
 6 pts Appears to be 2/3 'actual' or 'design' MASS (10% of 'design' MASS
in
points, 0 MASS)

Now this MASS 40 ship costs 210 points, considerably more than the 140
points
which is an average value for a MASS 40 ship.  It has no more hits than
a MASS
40 ship with average hull, and packs 24 MASS in systems instead of the
expected
12 MASS (after hull, thrust, and FTL).

I haven't got a generic points for MASS formula, so I use this technique
simulate the ship I want.

Prev: [ADMIN] offline in Cupertino? Next: Re: [ADMIN] I'll be offline for a couple of days