Prev: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen Next: RE: Open Day display game

RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:01:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

You certainly seem to be super-tank happy, Andrew!
Personally, I've found that size 2-4 vehicles are most effective, as you
want at least a d8 signature, otherwise most shots will hit.  It doesn't
matter what your armour is, if they can hit you, they can draw a BOOM
chit (and usually will).
My personal favorite is (gasp!) old Epic whirlwinds; size 3 fast
tracked, armour 2, with twin SLAM/3

It was worked out on the list about 2 years ago that 1 FT point = 60
DSII points.  Unless someone has done some new calculations, this still
holds (with the change from 50CS to 20CS / mass).

Theater ADS?  I don't recall finding anything to cover that in DS.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly (CB)
Fleet Admiral Alberto Doyle - NKV Vesuvius (LFI)

effective in
>totally obliterating virtually any opposing vehicle or PA infantry.
>	For artillery, nothing compares to orbital artillery from a
dedicated,
>100% available, orbital bombardment monitor, costed out at 1 Full
Thrust
>point equals 100 DSII points. If you can't quite afford that :-), a
battery
>of six VHA on tracks is nice.
>	For aerospace defence, Theater area defence using Brilliant,
GMS/7